Thank you for accepting to be a speaker at the ISTCP-X conference.
In order to ensure that the conference program runs smoothly, we kindly ask you
to adhere to the following "presentation guidelines":
(1) Please test your presentation in your assigned room one day before your session to
make sure there are no software incompatibility or other issues with your presentation.
There will be volunteers in each session room and at the registration desk. Please contact
them in case there are any problems. It is important that you test your presentation
in the room of your session, as the projectors may differ in the different rooms.
(2) Please check the program and identify the time of your assigned session. Please
be in your session room at least 15 minutes before the session starts to test your
presentation and acquaint yourself with the pointers (see point 7). Please introduce
yourself to the chair of the session and the volunteers, so that they can help you with
the microphone before your presentation.
(3) Please ensure you finish your presentation within 40 minutes (for plenary speakers)
or 25 minutes (for parallel session speakers), and that you allow 5 minutes for
questions. The session chair will indicate when there are 10 minutes left of your
presentation (including the time for questions).
(4) Headset microphones are available in all lecture rooms, and for the benefit of the
audience, we strongly recommend that these be used when giving your presentation.
(5) Please prepare your presentation using either 4x3 or 16x9 aspect ratios. We also
recommend you to provide your presentation as a PDF (Portable Document Format)
file, as this usually has no or few compatibility issues.
(6) Each session room will have projectors with VGA and standard HDMI (normal size)
connections, and a laptop and a USB disk will also be available that you can upload your
presentation onto. You may also use your own laptop in case that
there are special requirements for your presentation (e.g., formatting or embedded videos).
(7) There will be traditional laser pointers available in each session room. However,
we will also provide
"SpotlightTM Presentation Remotes". We recommend keynote/plenary speakers and speakers in rooms
having two or more screens to use these presentation remotes, as they will ensure transparent
propagation of pointer highlights to all screens. Our volunteers will be ready to assist you
with the "SpotlightTM Presentation Remote" device or help you in case of any problems.